Effective at 12:01am 01/01/2019
Pee Dee-WLA Guest and Membership Policy
There are two levels of membership in Wildlife Action.
Join the national organization and be assigned to the Pee Dee Chapter. Tier 1 membership.
Join the Pee Dee Chapter Local Park (includes Range privileges) Tier 2 membership. This membership level also requires Tier 1 membership
Tier 1 Membership
The Pee Dee Wildlife Action facilities offer great amenities at reasonable cost compared to other facilities in the area. It is staffed, operated, and maintained entirely by volunteers. Membership in the PDWLA is obtained by successfully completing an application to WLA
(National) and being assigned to the Pee Dee Chapter. Family membership is available. Individuals 18 or older are required to have their own WLA membership
This is a limited membership option. Supporting the objectives and beliefs of the organization is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately this membership category alone does not provide member access to the Pee Dee Chapter’s Local Park shooting ranges.
Tier 2 Membership (required for range use)
Local Park Membership is an option available to all WLA and PDWLA chapter members. Local Park membership is a privilege that involves significant responsibility and commitment. New Local Park Members should be a current member (or join) the NRA. New Local Park members must be willing to become and maintain NRA Range Safety Officer certification. Local Park fees are listed on the web page and are subject to change. Individuals (unless they are a guest) must be a member of the Local Park to use the Range Facilities. Individuals 18 or older are required to have their own PDWLA Local Park membership
Chronological steps to become a new member of Pee Dee Chapter Wildlife Action Local Park
1. Inquire if PDWLA Local Park openings are available (membership openings may be limited)
2. Must provide one letter of recommendation to the PDWLA Board that attests to
the good character & volunteer track record of the candidate. The recommendation
letter must be from a PDWLA Local Park member in good standing who will serve as the
candidate’s sponsor for membership.
3. Candidates with a valid CWP are preferred. All candidates must be willing to submit to a
background check. Background check is at the discretion of the Board. Background
check may be required even if the individual has a CWP. If a background check is
performed, a background check fee must be paid at this point for the new membership process to continue.
4. Candidate must attend at least one monthly meeting for introduction to the membership and
learning more about PDWLA and Local Park operation
5. Candidate is accepted for PDWLA Local Park membership by the Board
6. Candidate becomes a PDWLA Local Park member after paying the WLA general annual
membership fee, any local Pee Dee Chapter Local Park initiation fee in effect, and the
local annual Pee Dee Chapter Local Park Fee for the calendar year. Hunt Club
membership may also be an option if openings are available (additional annual fee
• Total Fees = WLA membership + Background check fee (if performed)+ Initiation +
Local Park Fee + Hunt Club Fee (optional)
• Scholarship funds or fee waiver(s) may be possible if candidate expresses hardship
condition to the PDWLA President and funds are available
• New membership is not transferable. Fees or membership costs are not prorated or refundable